The Charles R. Walter studio piano is an American hand crafted piano like all of the Charles R. Walter pianos. ALL of the Walter Pianos are made of Only the best materials mostly from AMERICA AND GERMANY. For example our cast iron plates come from O.S.KELLY IN OHIO owned by Steinway. Only a few companies in the world can say that. Studios are 45 inches in height and are available with Renner or Walter actions and are available in all woods and finishes. The bass strings are longer than most other 50-52 inch brands like Kawai or Yamaha. So if you are thinking of only a 48 inch or bigger piano you should consider the Charles R. Walter piano as a marvelous American choice.
- Studio Oak
This rich oak is versatile and durable. A popular choice for schools and churches.
- Studio Walnut
This popular walnut finish is available in high polish, semi polish and satin.
- Studio Ebony
The ebony studio is available in polish, semi polish, and satin. And all the studios are available with brass casters.
- Studio Cherry
The cherry studio is available in polish, semi polish, and satin. And all the studios are available with brass casters.
- Studio Gothic Oak
The gothic oak studio is a superb choice for churches. And all the studios are available with brass casters.
- Studio Mahogany
The mahogany studio is available in red or brown mahogany in polish, semi polish, and satin.
45" Studio Finishes
Our professional studio pianos are ruggedly designed to meet the most rigid school specifications and long hours of student practice. The extra-thick butcher block keybed, solid hardwood (Walnut, Oak, Cherry, or Mahagony) legs and toeblocks, and ball bearing, double-wheeled casters make this piano ideal for situations where the piano must be moved frequently. At the same time, the clean lines of this design and recessed toe-block present a more stylish appearance.
All of the features built into the W-48 scale are also found in the studio piano. The fallboard lock is standard equipment; top locks are available on special order. Available in Ebony, Oak, and Walnut in either High Polish, Semi Polish or Satin finish. Also available in Oiled Oak and Walnut. The ideal piano for schools, churches, auditoriums, homes, rectories, professional studios, practice rooms, theatres, colleges, and universities. Height 45", depth 24 3/4", width 58 1/2"
- Number of keys 88
- Number of dampers 72
- Height floor to keybed, 24 5/8"
- Action full size studio (direct blow) - Renner or Walter
- Hammers 14#, reinforced, mothproofed, Australian felt
- Key 16 3/16" long, 1" tall plus keybutton; individually weighted
- Key material basswood
- Key covering material white-ivorine (acrylic resin) black - Phenolic resin; longer grand size
- Keybed thickness 1 3/4" butcherblock construction
- Keybed material Poplar
- Plate grey iron casting finished in special bronze - O.S. Kelly - Ohio - Steinway owned
- Speaking length of longest string 48 1/2" (overall length 57 1/8")
- Soundboard close-grained Sitka or Bavarian Spruce (not laminated)
- Size of soundboard 37 3/16" x 56 1/4," 2090 square inches
- Pinblock 29 ply delignit
- Tuning pins 2/0 x 2 1/2," nickel plated head, blued thread
- Pin torques 100 to 200 inch pounds
- Back posts 5 (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") Sitka Spruce
- Pedals 3(soft, base sustain, full sustain),(special drop design)
- Pedal material solid brass
- Casters 2" double rubber wheels, front and rear
- Hardware solid brass
- Cabinet material 5 ply lumbercore throughout; laminated poplar sides
- Mouldings solid walnut, solid cherry, solid oak, solid mahogany
- Lustrous cabinet finishes walnut (hand rubber), oak, ebony, mahogany, and cherry
- Height 45"
- Length 58 1/2"
- Depth 24 3/4"
- Warranty 12 YEAR FULL WARRANTY against defects in parts, materials and workmanship.