The Charles R. Walter furniture console pianos are actually compared with other studio pianos. Because they have studio sized actions, long keys and very long strings. The piano in the inside is the same as the studio only smaller because of cabinet designs and smaller casters. The piano is even rated as a studio piano in the Piano Book. Thus allowing you to have a beautiful furniture case without any sacrafice of quality.
Versatile is the word for this lovely model which fits perfectly into any decor. Fluted legs and "harp design" music desk further enhance its beauty. Available in Walnut, Cherry, Oak, and Mahogany. Shown here in high sheen Walnut.
- French Provincial
The elegance and grace of 18th Century France are captured in this magnificent model. The music desk, true to the styling of the period, features a custom antique brass inset. Shown here in Cherry.
- Italian Provincial
A masterful adaptation of early Italian design. The music desk, bordered in solid wood molding, is accented by two grille-work insets. Shown here in high sheen Walnut.
- Queen Anne
The Queen Anne styling features the graceful curved lines of the cabriole leg enhanced by beautiful shell carvings on both the legs and music desk. This enduring style is shown in ribbon-striped Mahogany and is also available in Oak, Cherry, and Natural Cherry.
- Country Classic
Smooth octagonal legs and beautifully-carved music desk contribute to the charm of this American Colonial Design. Shown in satin (low sheen) Cherry. Also available in Oak, high sheen Cherry, and Light Cherry.
- The Riviera
Graceful swirls of antique brass embellish the handsome music desk of this model which faithfully reflects the Spanish influence in furniture design. Available in Oak.
We have listed some of the Walter 1520 unique features, but the pleasing tone, the playability, the excellent tuning stability and the ease of tuning, are also outstanding features and are impossible to photograph. All Walter pianos have a 12 YEAR FULL WARRANTY against defects in parts, material and workmanship.
- Number of keys 88
- Number of dampers 72
- Height floor to keybed, 23 3/4"
- Action full size studio (direct blow) - Renner or Walter
- Hammers 14#, reinforced, mothproofed, Australian felt
- Key 16 3/16" long, 1" tall plus keybutton; individually weighted
- Key material basswood
- Key covering material white-ivorine (acrylic resin) black - Phenolic resin; longer grand size
- Keybed thickness 1 5/8" butcherblock construction
- Keybed material Poplar
- Plate grey iron casting finished in special bronze - O.S. Kelly - Ohio - Steinway owned
- Speaking length of longest string 48 1/2" (overall length 57 1/8")
- Soundboard close-grained Sitka or Bavarian Spruce (not laminated)
- Size of soundboard 37 3/16" x 56 1/4," 2090 square inches
- Pinblock 29 ply delignit
- Tuning pins 2/0 x 2 1/2," nickel plated head, blued thread
- Pin torques 100 to 200 inch pounds
- Back posts 5 (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") Sitka Spruce
- Pedals 3(soft, base sustain, full sustain)
- Pedal material solid brass
- Casters steel
- Hardware solid brass
- Cabinet material Mostly 5 ply lumbercore throughout
- Mouldings solid walnut, solid cherry, solid oak, solid mahogany
- Lustrous cabinet finishes numerous coats of stain, wood filler and lacquer, painstakingly rubbed by hand, produce the deep luster of Walter cabinets... comparable to the finish of the finest furniture.
- Cabinet dimensions Height 43 3/8," depth 25." Add 3/4" to depth and 1 1/4" to width for French Provincial and Queen Anne.